PROJECT || "Winter" Capsule Closet

Hello!

Guess what?? I officially started my capsule February 1st, 2016. I have gone through every single item and have simplified my closet to 34 (including shoes) beautiful items. My goal was to downsize to 37 items. I'm leaving some space in my closet in case I find some clothing gaps that need to be filled.

My process was simple. I went through every item and made three piles (storage, donate, consign). Any item I haven't worn in the past year was to be either donated or consigned. Whatever didn't sell was also added to the donate pile. That's it! If I was on the fence about any item, I didn't keep it. If I'm on the fence about it, I don't love the piece anymore. I chose to keep some sentimental items, but those were put in storage as well.

The clothing put in storage is what you sift through for your next capsule. You're basically shopping your own closet for the upcoming season.

Everything pictured is all I have left clothing wise for these next couple months or until the weather permits a new capsule. :)

*Accessories will not be included in my capsule but I did the "three pile" process with them as well.

My final count:
3 jackets
2 cardigans
2 vests
4 sweaters/knits
2 button-ups
8 shirts (long+short sleeves)
1 pair of textured leggings
1 pair of joggers
5 jeans
6 pairs of shoes




Let's see how this goes!

-P


No comments:

Post a Comment