Gettin' Personal || How'd I Get Here?

Oh...the hesitancy I have for this post. Let's try it out. Early apologies for I am not the most articulate writer around. :P

Sometimes I have these...moments. I reflect upon my past and how it has shaped me to be who I am today. My thought today: "Why do I blog about clothes? Me of all people...blogging about fashion."

Flashback. I was that 13 year old girl trying to shop at Abercrombie struggling to reach clothing in my size, too embarrassed to ask a staff member to get it for me. I was that 14 year old girl that got pushed into plus-size clothing stores by boys telling me to shop where I belonged. I was that girl that cried after shopping because I would only see flaws in the dressing room. I hated clothes. I hated fashion.

side note: why are stores even segregated by size? For the sake of this post, I'll leave my thoughts of the societal effects on size and women at the door because that would be an essay.

So, how did I get here?

I'm not going to go into major details or anything because I know you have a life to lead and things to do... ;) I'm not even sure who you are or why you're reading this post...but hi, my name is Priscilla. Nice to meet you. :)

It's been a long journey. One that I do not plan on detailing out to the world. But something I do know, is that one day, along my trek, I decided to wear whatever I wanted to. I told myself to dress my body the way it was and wear what made me feel good that day. Let's be real, I'm not particularly trendy in any way. I just wear what I like.

Clothes use to tie me down. I had to wear things that made me look skinnier. I had to wear a certain size. I had to cover up as much of my body as I could. I had to do this and this and this. I had to stop.

Yes, I do believe certain shapes are extra flattering and I do believe in using clothing to give you that extra va-va-voom or boost of confidence whenever you want it. But don't let it hold you down. Wear what makes you happy.

When I blog, I'm simply aiming to share outfits that make me smile.

I'm going to leave it at that for now. Thanks for getting this far along and actually reading this post..now go get yourself some ice cream. You deserve it.


I got two. ;) Have a great day & see you on the next post!





No comments:

Post a Comment