Seattle, WA || 10 Places to Visit

Hello again!

Here is part 2 of the mini Seattle series. You can read the first part about some tips to traveling in Seattle and coffee shops worth visiting here!

This city has so much to offer, I barely scraped the surface during my visit. This list is simply 10 places I thought were worth mentioning. Enjoy!

1. Fonte Cafe & Wine Bar: This place housed one of the best meals I had in downtown Seattle. The coffee was perfect. The food was simple yet had complex flavors. Upon walking in, the manager took the time to welcome us in and chit chat for awhile. He kindly explained how they roast their own beans and make everything in house. Fonte's beans are also used by various michelin restaurants and W Hotels.

Pappardelle Bolognese, Aztec Mocha, Charcuterie, Beet Salad

Charcuterie Plate

2. Chihuly Garden and Glass: At first I thought, "How interesting can glass be?" Oh how wrong I was. Chihuly takes glass art to another level. There are both indoor and outdoor exhibits. While you waltz around the garden, try looking for the space needle reflecting upon the glass. 





3. Melrose Market in Capitol Hill: Capitol Hill deems itself as the "hipster" part of Seattle. Melrose Market certainly exuded that rustic feel. There are a handful of eateries, a butcher shop, and a couple cute home-goods stores. My sister and I had breakfast at a sandwich shop called Homegrown. Everything is local, organic, and sustainable! How awesome is that?

Butter Home at Melrose Market

Avocado + Cucumber Sandwich & Organic Oatmeal at Homegrown

Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich at Homegrown

4. Sugarpill: This store is small, but I still managed to spend over an hour in here. Sugarpill is an apothecary that sells specialty foods and remedies. The owners will help recommend natural remedies for certain ailments and health concerns. I was personally drawn to the wall of handmade salts. Let's just say...the most money I spent in Seattle...was on salt. I am officially a salt collector.  

Handmade Salts

Apothecary

Housemade Bitters & Natural Remedies

5. Salumi Artisan Cured Meats: This place specializes in salami. They also have this addictive garlic spread that goes on every sandwich. Need I say more? Oh, wait. The salami I chose was preserved with chocolate and chiles...MMMmm...okay I'm done now. 

Mole Salami & Fresh Mozzarella Sandwich 

6. Totokaelo : Once you walk in, you realize this is the most beautiful store you've ever stepped foot in. Also...do you see that wall of beautiful shoes? That's only HALF THE WALL.



7. Pike's Place Market: I kinda just put this here because the market has a lot to offer. It's just darn crowded. I didn't spend much time here, just walked around the booths and oggled at flowers. :)



8. University Village / Din Tai Fung: Uvillage was my favorite shopping experience. It's a very open outdoor mall that has a good mix of stores. There is also a Din Tai Fung nestled in there. If you're in the area and haven't been to one of the SoCal/Taiwan locations, give it a go! The truffle soup dumplings are divine. 

Truffle Soup Dumplings

Shaved Ice with EXTRAAAA condensed milk (my sweet tooth thanked me)

9. Bakery Nouveau : I saw this bakery on a buzzfeed list of bakeries to try before you die kinda ordeal. Thank you sweet baby Jesus! Their macarons were better than Le Panier's (which is a hotspot near Pike's) and their croissants were everything and more. Their specialty croissant is a double baked croissant which is a whole other experience. It's crispier, chewier, and has a burnt caramel taste/aroma to it. 

Heirloom Tomato Croissant, Macarons, Double Baked Chocolate Almond Croissant 

Double Baked Chocolate Almond Croissant 

9 1/2. Fran's Chocolates: I wanted to give this chocolate shop a little shout out because it's special to Seattle. The chocolates were so rich and velvety. I loved their caramel with smoked salts. They also have 100% cacao bars for the adventurous (I picked one up for my brother who enjoys 97%s) and drinking chocolates.

Lavender Truffle

10. Walk around the area you're staying at! You never know what you might find. My sister and I happened to spot a flyer at a bus stop advertising the Dragon Fest at the International District. We also saw beautiful sights just from walking all over the place!

Dragon Fest at the International District

Walking around Downtown Seattle


I hope you enjoyed this mini series about Seattle. I have really begun to fall in love with the city. Can't wait till my next trip! 
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin', & Pinterest to keep in touch during the week.
See you on the next post! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment